Sunday 28 August 2016

On the stage

When I first saw this freebie digital stamp for Task for Two Tuesday Challenge, I pictured this band of cutties on stage...curtain call, standing ovation:-) So I created this scene:



I colored our Fantastic Four with Copics and drew the podium, curtain and the box where usually the prompter sits. I knew I didn't want to have a completly black background behind our performers and I remembered how Kathy Racoosin once made background with black fineliner by drawing the lines next to each other.
First I traced all the shapes in the background, so I would get a white border around and then I took black Stabilo fineliner (point 88) and loosely drew the lines with the intention to have some white space there.
I colored the podium lightly with colored pencil, I wanted to use the texture of watercolor paper. The curtains are made using Stabilo markers and water plus a little bit of yellow glitter gel pen. All is placed on a kraft base together with a stripe of black washi tape. Then I added the red oval on the prompter's box.

1 comment:

  1. wow! the curtain is an awesome Idea, and you did the hole stage so great!!! Wish I knew what play they did :-) or what performance :-) hihi.. thank you soo much for joining our little challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete